What are the fees?

Premier Paralegal charges Service Fees starting at $765.00 to prepare all your New York State Divorce forms, legal papers, and documents needed for court.The fees can vary based on your needs. Additional services may cost extra.

How long does it take to get a divorce?

It will take approximately 12-16 weeks once the court receives all of the documents required to review and sign your divorce.

Where are you located?

We are located at 68 Jay Street in Brooklyn, New York. We see clients by appointment only.

What are your office hours?

Our office hours are:
Monday -Friday 10AM to 5:30PM
Saturday By Appointment

What information do I need to bring to start?

It’s easy. To get started please know social security numbers for you, your spouse as well as the children of the marriage, if any. Also, if there are any court orders, or orders of protection, we would need a certified copy from the court before you visit. Please also have your children’s (if any) health insurance information available as well.

What if I started my own New York divorce case and I made a mistake?

If you started your own NY divorce case and you made a mistake on your Summons or your Summons With Notice, we can help you fix it. We can prepare an Amended Summons or an Amended Summons With Notice to repair any mistakes you might have made, and get your New York divorce case back on track. Learn more here.

What if my spouse started the divorce?

If your spouse filed New York City divorce papers in court and had you served, we can help you prepare a Notice of Appearance and Demand for Verified Complaint. We can also help you prepare a Stipulation of Settlement that you can use to try to resolve your New York divorce case. Also, if your spouse or your spouse’s attorney filed a Notice of Appearance and Demand for Complaint, we can help you. After a Notice of Appearance is filed, we can help you by preparing a Verified Complaint Action for Divorce UD-2 New York divorce form and an affidavit of service by mail.

What if my spouse won’t sign?

That’s no problem. It will add about a month and a half to the process and he/she will have to be served but we definitely can help you!

What if my spouse not only won’t sign but will hire an attorney to contest it?

Unfortunately, it’s going to cost you a lot more than our low fee to get you divorced. You probably should hire an attorney. We can refer one to you. Instead if you choose, what you can do is work it out, come to an agreement and come to see us. If not, it’s going to be an expensive process that we cannot help you with.

What if I don’t know where my spouse is located?

Unfortunately, we cannot help you. Our service is designed to aid those whom are seeking a simple uncontested divorce and know where their spouse is located. Perhaps your local courts office of the self represented can assist you. Please give them a call or visit.

Should I consult with an attorney first?

We understand if you are unsure of what you need to do. If you are unsure of whether you’d like to move forward, we suggest you talk to a lawyer before using our services to decide if they are right for you. If you need an attorney, the New York State Bar Association has more information.