By: | Did You Know? , Divorce Reconciliation


If no response has been filed and no judgment has been obtained, the spouse who began the divorce action can file a form informing the court that he or she does not wish to pursue the divorce (“Notice of Discontinuance”) and the case will be dismissed.

If your spouse has responded to your papers, both parties have to sign an agreement (“stipulation”) stating that you would both like the case to be dismissed.

Once the judgment of divorce has been entered, you are no longer married and you would have to re-marry your former spouse to resume your status as husband and wife.